The Republic Group ("TRG") was founded in 1958 by Burton B. Fagan in Arlington, Virginia, USA, as an engineering and procurement office for the Italian company Selenia SpA. Gradually, representation of manufacturers of environmental systems was added at the headquarters in Arlington, while at the same time TRG also developed into a successful distributor of electronic, passive and electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies. 

TRG expanded in the 1990's and opened branch offices in Germany, England and Sweden and today TRG Components serves original equipment makers, contract manufacturers and distributors around the world.